Greetings Rocket Family!
The beginning of the 2020-2021 school year will soon be upon us. The past few months have been challenging times for us all and as we look ahead the challenges seem to keep coming our way. I am writing to you with regard to the upcoming school year. It will be our goal during the upcoming school year to provide the highest quality education possible, while keeping the safety of our students at the fore front. School administration is presently working on and revising a school re-entry plan that we will release after August 12th.
School will begin at West Nodaway on August 27th. We will start school in as traditional a manner as possible. We plan to have in person face to face classes 5 days a week. This may change as we monitor the health of our community and work with the Nodaway County Health Department.
Our plans to return to school (subject to change) include the following:
- School Registration August 19th, from 1:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Begin School August 27th.
- Maintain distance between individuals as much as possible.
- Masks are welcomed but not required for all students and staff.
- Limit visitors to the building.
- Monitor social distancing at lunch.
- No self-serve at lunch.
- Limit drinking fountains to bottle fill only.
- Develop alternative methods of instruction in case of school closure.
- Have assigned seating on the bus.
- Limit student class group interaction.
- Temperature checks should be completed at home, before sending students to school. School will perform temperature checks as needed.
I am aware that there is much uncertainty and there are many concerns, as well as opinions in regard to returning to school. Please be assured that we are working diligently to create a plan that provides for a quality as well as a safe educational experience. If at this time you are not comfortable with your student returning to school PLEASE CONTACT YOUR STUDENTS BUILDING PRINCIPAL NO LATER THAN AUGUST 3rd, 2020.
Please note that school hours have changed for the 2020-2021 school year. School will begin at 7:50 a.m. and dismiss at 3:10 p.m. We all know that these are challenging times for all in our educational community. However, if we work together, we will see ourselves through this difficulty. Thank you for your continued patience and support.
Dr. Mitch Barnes