MAP Grade Level testing for grades 3-8 is coming soon! Students will be tested between April 15th and April 29th. Specific dates and times are available under the "News" section of the website. At the conclusion of this letter, you will find a list of test taking tips and strategies to remember during testing season.
For the listening parts of the English Language Arts assessments, we are asking that middle school students (grades 6-8), bring headphones or earbuds that they already have to use during testing. If your child does not have these items, the school district will have extras available for use.
Also, we are looking for volunteers who are willing to help provide snacks/drinks during the weeks of testing. Research indicates that by providing students with healthy snacks and water, their brains are stimulated, and they perform better. We appreciate your support and cooperation in your child's education.
If you would be willing to provide any of the items listed below, please mark what you would be willing to provide, and the quantity (if different from what is listed), and return the form sent home with your student(s), or simply e-mail Isnead@wnrockets.com with the information by Wednesday, April 14th. All pre-packaged snacks and water need to be sent to school no later than Thursday, April 15th.
- 2 boxes or bags of any of the following cereals: Fruit Loops, Apple Jacks, Honeycombs, Lucky Charms, Trix, Golden Grahams, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, or anything that can be put into a snack mix
- 2 boxes of granola bars, fruit/yogurt bars, or cereal bars
- 2 bags of pretzels
- 2 boxes of Goldfish or Whales
- 24 packages of mini muffins or 24 regular muffins
- 24 individual yogurts or 2 boxes of Go-GURT
- 2 packages of individually wrapped string cheese
- 2 cases of individually bottled water
Thank you in advance for helping support our students as they prepare for these difficult tests!
Lori Snead School Counselor